Adrian Martinez suffered a knee injury in Nebraska’s season-opening loss to Colorado. The play was a controversial one, as the Huskers later revealed that they sent in video of the play to be reviewed. Nebraska released the video that was sent in on Wednesday.Nebraska head coach Scott Frost updated Martinez’s status for this Saturday’s game earlier in the week. He said that Martinez was taking things day by day and that a decision on playing could be made at game time.Frost had another update on Martinez this afternoon. Not much has changed.Martinez continues to be evaluated. Frost added that a decision on his status for Saturday could be made “two minutes” before kickoff.“Scott Frost said he might make a decision on Adrian Martinez ‘2 minutes before kickoff.’ Said Martinez will warm up at the very least. Said decision to play or not play Martinez will be ‘strictly physical,’” Sam McKewon tweeted.Scott Frost said he might make a decision on Adrian Martinez “2 minutes before kickoff.” Said Martinez will warm up at the very least. Said decision to play or not play Martinez will be “strictly physical.” #huskers— Sam McKewon (@swmckewonOWH) September 13, 2018Martinez played really well in the Week 1 loss to Colorado. He threw for more than 180 yards and rushed for more than 110 yards. Martinez had a couple of costly turnovers, but that was probably expected considering it was his first college game.Nebraska is looking to rebound from that loss this weekend. The Huskers are set to host Troy.
ATLANTA, GA – DECEMBER 07: An ‘SEC’ logo is seen on an end zone pylon before the Missouri Tigers take on the Auburn Tigers during the SEC Championship Game at Georgia Dome on December 7, 2013 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)Four-star defensive tackle Lamar Goods looked set to be a figure piece of Mike Stoops’ defense at Kentucky. Unfortunately for the Wildcats, it looks like Goods is going to be taking his talents elsewhere.Taking to Twitter on Wednesday, Goods announced that he would be de-committing from Kentucky and re-opening his recruitment. The announcement comes just a few days after a took a visit to the University of Florida.247Sports rates Goods as the No. 333 overall prospect in the country. He is the No. 30 defensive tackle in the country, and the No. 4 prospect from the state of Connecticut.Losing Goods deprives the Wildcats of one of their top recruits for the Class of 2020. pic.twitter.com/nXlf8j0AlD— lamar goods (@GoodsLamar) June 19, 2019Kentucky’s football team is coming off a historic season, having won 10 wins for only the third time in their history. Benny Snell set new rushing records for the team while top pass rusher Josh Allen was rewarded with a top-10 NFL Draft selection.As for Woods’ potential destination, 247Sports’ Crystal Ball Predictions have him projected to go to Florida now.
Child abusers who view indecent images of youngsters online could be escaping justice because some Met Police units only have the capacity to examine two of their electronic devices for evidence, a damning report has found.A lack of resources means detectives who arrest people suspected of downloading illegal images, can only choose two of their electronic devices, such as laptops or mobile phones, at random, for full forensic examination.This means huge swathes of illegal content could be overlooked during investigations allowing suspects to avoid prosecution for appalling material they have been viewing.A report by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services (HMICFRS) said the current system was “ineffective” and recommended the Met introduced more specialist officers who were equipped with the technology needed to fully interrogate electronic devices.The report found huge disparities in the success rate of investigations that were carried out by specialist child sex abuse officers and those conducted by regular detectives.When frontline officers carry out the investigation only 11 per cent of cases result in the suspect being charged. But in the the latest follow up report of 34 online cases examined, 29 were still deemed to be inadequate or require improvement.HM Inspector of Constabulary Matt Parr said: “Since our 2016 inspection, the Met has taken some significant steps to improve its safeguarding practice for vulnerable children. But when specialist teams were involved that figure increased to 59 per cent, because they have the digital resources to fully examine all the devices used by the suspect. “However, we are committed to addressing these challenges to improve our response in this area.” The report stated: “We found that the current arrangements for investigating online cases involving indecent images of children and sexual exploitation are not working.”We also have significant concerns that cases that are dealt with by non-specialists result in notably poorer outcomes than those that are dealt with by specialist teams.”In addition, we found that the processes the MPS has in place for examining devices that are suspected of containing IIOC [indecent images of children] are ineffective. For example, because of the limited capacity of the digital examination team, only two devices can be sent for full examination.”The Met was heavily criticised in 2016 by the official watchdog over its failure to protect vulnerable children and for delays in investigating adults who were suspected of exploiting the young.The report then found that of 384 cases that were examined by the inspectorate, three quarters were found to be substandard.Since then the Met has been working hard to improve its services and the HMICFRS report acknowledged the progress that had been made. HMIC inspectors recommended the Met has more specialist officers dealing with online child abusers Scotland Yard has been asked to make improvements in the way it handles online child abuse casesCredit:Paul Grover “This has resulted in better and more effective oversight of child protection practices across the force, but oversight isn’t everything.”But the report went on: “We remain concerned about the current service the Met provides, given the extreme vulnerability of many of the children who come into contact with the force.”We also have significant concerns about the Met’s approach to tackling online child abuse and exploitation.”Limited capacity in specialist teams, backlogs and resourcing pressures have all led to the force being overwhelmed by cases and not able to provide the service victims need and deserve.”Although we recognise that the increase in online exploitation of children is a national problem, we have made a further recommendation for the Met to address in this area.”Responding to the report, Commander Richard Smith, the Met’s Head of Safeguarding, said: “We are pleased to see measurable improvement in our investigations since the last HMICFRS report was published.”But he added: “The scale of child abuse and sexual exploitation offending online has grown in recent years.”This increased demand on police, coupled with the need to keep up with advancement of technology and adapt our methods to detect and identify offenders, means it is a challenging area for the Met and police forces nationally. Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings.